Youth Development & Employability project supports the Black Minority & Ethnic community in Glasgow. Using an early intervention approach, we support young people that are leaving school and those that are not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETs).
The project increases young people’s awareness on Youth Justice and opens opportunities. We ensure young people are better informed, well prepared, assisted and encouraged to seek employment, training schemes or perhaps further education. This enables them to achieve their potential and become active, productive and valuable members of their various communities.
We provide support using the following methods:
- In-house employability workshops
- Delivering workshop programme to secondary school’s Glasgow wide
- Employability residential
- 1-2-1 support including monitoring and evaluating continuously
- Family visits
- Working in partnership with other services accessed by the young person
- Providing opportunities for ex-offenders