Our Mission and Values
At YCSA, we support and empower young people in a social, educational and a developmental process, enabling them to reach their potential and become active valued members of a diverse community.
Youth Community Support Agency is a leading BME charity with 20 years of experience. We continue to be at the forefront of community engagement with young people aged 10 to 25 years old from ethnic minority backgrounds across Glasgow. Annually we provide support for over 1300 BME young people aged between 10 and 25 with intensive support delivered to 400 young people and their families.
Currently the organisation delivers the following services:
- Youth Development & Employability Support: Supporting young people to identify and access employment, training and further education opportunities
- Drug & Addiction Support: Raising awareness of addiction within BME communities and working with young people to reduce harm from substance abuse
- Literacy & Numeracy Support: Working with young people to improve literacy, numeracy and English skills and reduce communication barriers for improvements in social, educational and employment contexts
- Counselling; Providng opportunity for young people to talk to counsellors in confidence about their difficulties and concerns, and how they can resolve issues
- Prison ThroughCare: Supporting BME prisoners from incarceration to resettlement in their communities in order to reduce reoffending
Our Values: RESPECT is very important to us, so much so that we have built our values and entire organisation around it. We believe in all it stands for and for us that takes the form of: